Please click this NEW LINK to pray for us(March 9, 2010 to June 16)!!!
Today’s Reading: James 4
Welcome! The purpose of this blog is to encourage Christians to have daily devotion - a wonderful and intimate time with Jesus.
There are three reasons for you to use this blog as your daily devotion:
1. A healthy spiritual diet - One chapter of the Bible daily. We really need at least one chapter of Bible daily so that we are well fed.
2. A good example of Spiritual Journaling - What I have committed for 1,189 days(the Bible has 1,189 chapters)to write this daily post is not for teaching purposes but this is my daily spiritual journal - I write down what I hear from Jesus and how I experience His intimate relationship with me each day. I have launched a wide-spectrum research on daily devotion and have found out that there are less than 10% of Christians that are having daily devotion. Out of that 10%, many having daily devotion are doing so because of guilt (they know that they are Christians and need to have daily devotion and feel guilty if they don’t do that), duty (they need to fulfill their duty as a Christian) or study(lots of Christians primarily use their daily devotion as a time to study the Bible). I do pray and hope that you will make up your mind to have a relational daily devotion so that you can have an intimate time with Jesus. I pray that you will write your own spiritual journal as well.
3. An online discipler – One of the reasons that so many Christians do not have daily devotion is because they do not have a disciple. A discipler can help them build up this basic element of discipleship when they first become Christians. The best way for you is to have a discipler to walk with you for a certain period of time so that daily devotion become a good habit. Or, you may have a small group of two to three people to encourage and be accountable to each other so that you won’t stop your daily devotion. I offer myself as your online disciple to walk with you daily to enrich your spiritual journey. So, shall we start this journey with Jesus Christ our Lord now!
Please read James 4 and listen to what the Lord Jesus Christ would like to tell you before reading my Spiritual Journal below. If you would like to learn a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please read my “Count Down 5” from this blog. You may click this link directly for the method:Subject Shifting Devotion.pdf . (You may begin with a song to praise the Lord and complete you devotion by singing another praise song.)Please click the links below to James 4:
Brothers, do not slander one another. Anyone who speaks against his brother or judges him speaks against the law and judges it. . James 4: 11
In this worldly lifestyle of gossip, slander and passing judgements on other people, it is so easy for us to practice such kind of worldly lifestyle! James, following his wisdom in the last chapter about a lifelong harvest or a lifelong famine, tells us three consequences of slander:
1. We will not come near to God. We need to resist the devil, purify our hearts and not be a double-minded worldly Christian.
2. If we slander, speak against or judge our brothers and sisters, this means we speak against and judge God's standard and we as a human being do not have the right to do so.
3. We do not know what will happen or whether we can still live tomorrow. So how can we boast and brag!
Let's love one another and appreciate each other's work so that the Deceiver will have no way to do his work of separation and destruction.
Dear Lord Jesus,
Help me to be more and more close to you so that I will not slander, speak against or judge anyone. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.
Prayer items today:
Bishop: Rt. Rev. Silas Ng
Network Leader: Rev. Peter Klenner
Network Leadership Team: Rt. Rev. Silas Ng, Rev. Peter Klenner, Rev. Ed Hird, Rev. Simon Neill
Bishop’s Chaplain: Rev. Ed Hird
Clergy Formation Advisor: Rev. Ken Bell
Administrator: Mrs. Zenia Cheng
Pray for one ACiC/AI church one day at a time
All Saints Community Church
Rector/Senior Pastor: Rev. Peter Klenner
Record for our 2nd phase of 100 days of prayers : this new link to participate in our 2nd phase 100 days/24 hours Prayer Campaign (Nov 29, 2009 to March 8, 2010) Record for our 1st phase of 100 days of prayers(2nd part 60 days): this link(August 20 to Nov. 28, 2009)
Record for our 1st phase of 100 days of prayers(1st part 40 days): http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AbI_guJWaO4DZGRnYjNqZzRfMTRmZHFndjMzZA&hl=en
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.