Today’s Reading: Mark 10
(Please read Mark 10: 1 – 52 and listen to what the Lord Jesus Christ would like to tell you before reading my Spiritual Journal below. If you would like to learn a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please read my “Count Down 5” from this blog. You may click this link directly for the method: Subject Shifting Devotion.pdf . (You may begin with a song to praise the Lord and complete you devotion by singing another praise song.)
Please click the links below to Mark 10:
"It was because your hearts were hard that Moses wrote you this law," Jesus replied.
Mark 10: 5
Today when I was reading Mark 10, I heard Jesus said many time, “You need to have a soft and obedient heart! You need to have a soft and obedient heart! You need to have …
What I have got are two different hearts in six situations:
1. A hard and disobedient heart (Mark 10: 1 -12): How the Israelites divorce their wives
2. A soft and obedient heart (Mark 10: 13-16): The heart of little children
3. A hard and disobedient heart (Mark 10: 17-31): The heart of the rich young man
4. A soft and obedient heart (Mark 10: 32-34): How Jesus was willing to be betrayed and crucified.
5. Two hard and disobedient hearts (Mark 10: 35-45): The covetous of James and John
6. A soft and obedient heart (Mark 10: 46-52): The zeal of the blind man
I have been teaching a four sessions Discipleship class since last Saturday using Bishop Thad Barnum's book "Never Silent" and a DVD set of his three morning devotion on the book of Colossians of this year's AMiAs Winter Conference. My son, Ignatius, wrote a very moving reflection after reading the first 50 pages of this book showing a good example of what a soft and obedient heart can be. Please click this link to read his sharing:
Dear Lord Jesus,
I want to see! Please help me to have a soft and obedient heart. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.
Please click this link to participate in our 100 days/24 hours Prayer Campaign (August 20 to Nov. 28)
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.