Monday, October 26, 2009
Day 68 - When did the Word of God come to you last time?
Today’s Reading: Luke 3
(Please read Luke 3: 1 – 38 and listen to what the Lord Jesus Christ would like to tell you before reading my Spiritual Journal below. If you would like to learn a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please read my “Count Down 5” from this blog. You may click this link directly for the method: Subject Shifting Devotion.pdf . (You may begin with a song to praise the Lord and complete you devotion by singing another praise song.)
Please click the links below to Luke 3:
The Word of God came to John son of Zechariah in the desert. He went into all the country around the Jordan, preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins…”You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath? Produce fruit in keeping with repentance.” Luke 3: 2-8
When did the Word of God come to you last time? If your answer is, “just five minutes ago when I was reading Luke 3,” then you are “on track” for you have a relationship with Jesus daily.
When the Word of God come to John he received a bundle of gifts from the Lord:
1. New location of ministry – from the desert to all the country around the Jordan(v. 3)
2. New mission – preaching a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins(v.3)
3. Fulfillment of a prophecy – What Isaiah the prophet prophesized(v.4-6)
4. New daily provision of Word from the Lord – Saying what God told him to say(v.7-14)
5. New purpose of life to other people – Produce fruit in keeping with repentance(v.8)
6. New understanding of who he is – He is not the Messiah(v.15-18)
7. New courage – Courage to rebuke the king(v.19)
8. New willingness to undergo great suffering – to be locked up in prison(v.20)
How many of these eight gifts have you received? How many of those you do not want to receive and marked “Return to Sender”?
Dear Lord Jesus,
Thank you for preparing me to have the ministry of John the Baptist to prepare the way for you. Help me to be willing to enter into this path fully and not partly. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.
Please click this link to participate in our 100 days/24 hours Prayer Campaign (August 20 to Nov. 28)
Posted by The Rt. Rev. Dr. Silas Ng at 6:58 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.