This newly designed key chains will be given to all members of ACiC/AI churches on the first Sunday of March (March 6, 2011). Please click this link to my second blog - Discipler 123:
You can also listen to my daily podcast in English and Cantonese through this new site.
What is Discipler 123?
A campaign starting on the first Sunday of March for three months. It is for one Discipler gathering two friends to meet once a week to have devotion with them and encourage them to have daily devotion all through the three months from March through May.
Praise the Lord that we completed our 500 days/24 hours Prayer Campaign! We have a new link for you to sign for the new stage. You really need to join us now to pray! The easiest way is to take one hour slot for the whole week. We need you to join us! Trust in the power of prayers!
Please sign up for the 6th stage - 600 days
**NEW link for the 6th 100 days 24 hours prayer campaign(January 3 to April 12, 2011)
Today's Reading: 2 Kings 7
Please read 2 Kings 7 and listen to what the Lord Jesus Christ would like to tell you before reading my Spiritual Journal below. If you would like to learn a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please read my “Count Down 5” from this blog. You may click this link directly for the method: Subject Shifting Devotion.pdf. (You may begin with a song to praise the Lord and complete you devotion by singing another praise song.)
Please click this link to worship with us - Let God Arise
Please click the links below to 2 Kings 7:
- Chinese: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2 Kings 7&version=CUV
- NIV: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2 Kings 7&version=NIV
- ESV: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2 Kings 7&version=NIV
- Message: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2 Kings 7&version=MSG
For the Lord had caused the Arameans to hear the sound of chariots and horses and a great army, so that they said to one another "Look, the king of Israel has hired the Hittitte and Egyptian kings to attack us!" So they got up and fled in the dusk and abandoned their tents and their horses and donkeys. They left the camp as it was and ran for their lives. 2 Kings 7: 6-7
In chapter 6,we see how Elisha prayed to God to open his servant's eyes to see the Chariots of Fire. In chapter 7 we see how powerful it was when those Chariots of Fire were in action! They didn't need to fight but God fought for them!
Can this happen today? Jesus told me this morning in the hotel room of Toronto a loud and clear voice, "Yes!" What do we have to do for God's Chariots of Fire to come to save the whole nation?
I think of how Paul Wilbur sang Let God Arise; I have this song in the beginning and at the end of this devotion for you to listen, to sing and to pray. What I received from Jesus today regarding God arising with Chariots of Fire to fight for us are these thoughts:
1. We need to understand that we are in a spiritual warfare each day. Each day the king of darkness, the Deceiver wants to capture us and our nation into his kingdom of darkness.
2. Spiritual warfare needs spiritual bullets and spiritual ram-horns in order to call for reinforcement of the chariots of fire. What are the spiritual bullets? We needs more of God's servants to fast, pray and to exercise the gifts of the Holy Spirit. We see how Elijah exercised his spiritual gifts and power and how he taught Elisha and passed the spiritual baton to Elisha. We see how Elisha exercised his spiritual gifts and power and showed to his students. When God servants do that, then God has His own way to come and save His people.
3. How we understand this secret and are willing to use these spiritual bullets is a clue and way to extend His Kingdom. Lots of time we use our power, our strategy and our way to do things. There are less than 10% of Christians or even 1% of Christians are having daily devotion. There are very few churches praying for their nation during their Sunday services or group activities. There are few Christians praying for their pastors and leaders daily. There might be a few Christians who believe in the way in which I teach you the power of prayer. You are invited to sign up in the 24 hours prayer chain and pray for our spiritual leaders according to the list in this blog daily. (There are still a few empty slot in the 24 hours praying list). There are only a few Christians who know and exercise fasting and prayer-walking. God gives us enough spiritual bullets but we just use BB guns bullets to fight. That's why so many churches fall, Christians fall and nations fall!
Am I talking about theory? No, I am not. For the past so many years, I have many times nearly slaughtered by the king of darkness, discouragement and bitterness. But God taught me how to use spiritual bullets to fight spiritual warfare, and I just listened and obeyed. I have been fasting by not buying anything for myself since February 27 until Easter Sunday. I have been fasting skipping lunch or dinner everyday(except Sundays) for this Lent. And this is God's tailor-made plan for me in this period and the spiritual bullets He gives me. Do you know how many miracles happened since February 27. You won't know, I know and I know that there are more than I know when I dare to exercise those spiritual bullets. Why fight so hard yourself? Why not try to use God's way and ask God to fight for you? Do you know that you are never able to win Satan's daily trick on you? Only Jesus can. Why not invite Him to fight for you? He gives you your freewill, unless you ask that He will allow you to do it in your own way. Until....you know to ask Him to fight for you!
Rise up soldiers, fast and pray, go to pray-walk every street of your town. Ask the Holy Spirit to come into your life each day so that you know what to repent and to be transformed into a LIFESTYLE OF CHRISTLIKENESS. Then you'll know how to use spiritual bullets to fight the spiritual warfare, and you'll experience the power of God's Chariots of Fire!
Dear Holy Spirit,
Come and shine on us so that we can repent and be transformed to live each day in a lifestyle of Christlikeness! Come Holy Spirit, fill us and strengthen us so that we can be able to let you fight for us. Yes, to fight for us with your Chariots of Fire. In Jesus name I pray . Amen.
Please click this link to worship with us - Let God Arise
Bishop: Rt. Rev. Silas Ng (Michelle)
Network Leader: Rev. Peter Klenner (Jenny)
Network Leadership Team: Rt. Rev. Silas Ng, Rev. Peter Klenner, Rev. Ed Hird (Janice), Rev. Simon Neill (Jo), Rev. Ken Bell (Sonya)
Bishop's Chaplain: Rev. Ed Hird (Janice)
Clergy Formation Advisor: Rev. Ken Bell (Sonya)
Administrator: Mrs. Zenia Cheng (Clarence)
Pray for one Rwanda and Anglican Mission bishop one day at a time:
The Most Rev. Emmanuel Kolini
The Rt. Rev. Chuck Murphy, III (Margaret)
Pray for one ACiC/AI church one day at a time: Immanuel Church
Rector/Senior Pastor: Rev. Simon Neill (Jo)
Welcome! The purpose of this blog is to encourage Christians to have daily devotion - a wonderful and intimate time with Jesus.
There are three reasons for you to use this blog as your daily devotion:
- A healthy spiritual diet - One chapter of the Bible daily. We really need at least one chapter of Bible daily so that we are well fed.
- A good example of Spiritual Journaling - What I have committed for 1,189 days(the Bible has 1,189 chapters) to write this daily post is not for teaching purposes but this is my daily spiritual journal - I write down what I hear from Jesus and how I experience His intimate relationship with me each day. I have launched a wide-spectrum research on daily devotion and have found out that there are less than 10% of Christians that are having daily devotion. Out of that 10%, many having daily devotion are doing so because of guilt (they know that they are Christians and need to have daily devotion and feel guilty if they don’t do that), duty (they need to fulfill their duty as a Christian) or study(lots of Christians primarily use their daily devotion as a time to study the Bible). I do pray and hope that you will make up your mind to have a relational daily devotion so that you can have an intimate time with Jesus. I pray that you will write your own spiritual journal as well.
- An online discipler – One of the reasons that so many Christians do not have daily devotion is because they do not have a discipler. A discipler can help them build up this basic element of discipleship when they first become Christians. The best way for you is to have a discipler to walk with you for a certain period of time so that daily devotion become a good habit. Or, you may have a small group of two to three people to encourage and be accountable to each other so that you won’t stop your daily devotion. I offer myself as your online discipler to walk with you daily to enrich your spiritual journey. So, shall we start this journey with Jesus Christ our Lord now!
- **NEW link for the 6th 100 days 24 hours prayer campaign (January 3 to April 12, 2011)
- Our 5th phase of 100 days of prayers (September 25, 2010 to January 2, 2011).
- Our 4th phase of 100 days of prayers (June 17 to September 24, 2010).
- Our 3rd phase of 100 days of prayers (March 9 to June 16, 2010).
- Our 2nd phase of 100 days of prayers (November 29, 2009 to March 8, 2010).
- Our 1st phase of 100 days of prayers:
- Part 2: 60 days (September 29 to November 28, 2009)
- Part 1: 40 days (August 20 to September 28, 2009)
this sound so familiar...ReplyDelete