This newly designed key chains will be given to all members of ACiC/AI churches on the first Sunday of March (March 6, 2011). Please click this link to my second blog - Discipler 123: http://discipler123.blogspot.com/ You can also listen to my daily podcast in English and Cantonese through this new site.
What is Discipler 123? A campaign starting on the first Sunday of March for three months. It is for one Discipler gathering two friends to meet once a week to have devotion with them and encourage them to have daily devotion all through the three months from March through May.
The Most Rev. Yong Ping Chung
Praise the Lord that we completed our 600 days/24 hours Prayer Campaign yesterday and start our 700 days/24 hours Prayer Campaign today! We have a new link for you to sign for the new stage. You really need to join us now to pray! The easiest way is to take one hour slot for the whole week.
What you need to do is very simple. Choose one day. The easiest way is to take one hour slot for the whole week then prayerfully remembering the ministry of ACiC(ACiC has two Networks: ACiC, Anglican Coalition in Canada and AI, Asian Initiative). You may use the whole hour in prayer or you can still do your work in your office but use as much time as you can to pray and the other time work prayerfully that hour to pray for our ministry. I deeply believe that this is a way to draw as much participation as we can in prayers. I encourage you to participate. We need you to join us! Trust in the power of prayers!
Please sign up for the 7th stage - 700 days **NEW link for the 7th 100 days 24 hours prayer campaign (April 13 to July 21, 2011)
Today's Reading: 1 Chronicles 9
Please read 1 Chronicles 9 and listen to what the Lord Jesus Christ would like to tell you before reading my Spiritual Journal below. If you would like to learn a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please read my “Count Down 5” from this blog. You may click this link directly for the method: Subject Shifting Devotion.pdf. (You may begin with a song to praise the Lord and complete you devotion by singing another praise song.)
Please click this link to worship with us - Lord I Give You My Heart
Please click the links below to 1 Chronicles 9:
- Chinese: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1 Chronicles 9&version=CUV
- NIV: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1 Chronicles 9&version=NIV
- ESV: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1 Chronicles 9&version=ESV
- Message: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1 Chronicles 9&version=MSG
1 Chronicles 9: 31-32
What I received from Jesus today is: What position are you entrusted with?
Well, this is a very important question. Because if you do know, then you have a purpose and direction to do it well. If you do not know, then you will be purposeless wandering around and not knowing what you need to do.
You can see in this chapter that most of them were doing a seemingly not important job like gatekeeper, baking the offering bread, preparing for every Sabbath the bread set out on the table and other small duties. But of all those duties, they were being described as duties "entrusted " to them to make us understand that every duty for the Lord is an important one and we need to do it faithfully.
In November 2006 when our church moved to this location, we restored the position of "gatekeepers" and we had more than 15. But year by year, many of them left the position for various reasons and now we have only two! It's really not easy to keep to your entrusted position! Do you know what position(s) you are being entrusted by the Lord? You need to pray and know and do it well!
Dear Lord Jesus,
Help us to do our entrusted position(s) well. In Jesus name we pray . Amen.
Please click this link to worship with us - Shine Jesus Shine
Prayer items today:
Bishop: Rt. Rev. Silas Ng (Michelle)
Network Leader: Rev. Peter Klenner (Jenny)
Network Leadership Team: Rt. Rev. Silas Ng, Rev. Peter Klenner, Rev. Ed Hird (Janice), Rev. Simon Neill (Jo), Rev. Ken Bell (Sonya), Mr. Andy Li(Amy)
Bishop's Chaplain: Rev. Ed Hird (Janice)
Bishop's Assistant: Mrs. Michelle Ng (Silas)
Clergy Formation Advisor: Rev. Ken Bell (Sonya)
Treasurer: Mr. Andy Li(Amy)
Administrator: Mrs. Zenia Cheng (Clarence)
Pray for one Rwanda and Anglican Mission bishop one day at a time:
The Most Rev. Yong Ping Chung
The Rt. Rev. Augustin Ahimana (Claudine)
Pray for one ACiC/AI church one day at a time:
Mountain Valley Mission, Squamish
Rector/Senior Pastor: Rev. Barclay Mayo (Mary)
Mark Hird: Young Adult Pastoral Intern
Welcome! The purpose of this blog is to encourage Christians to have daily devotion - a wonderful and intimate time with Jesus. There are three reasons for you to use this blog as your daily devotion:
- A healthy spiritual diet - One chapter of the Bible daily. We really need at least one chapter of Bible daily so that we are well fed.
- A good example of Spiritual Journaling - What I have committed for 1,189 days(the Bible has 1,189 chapters) to write this daily post is not for teaching purposes but this is my daily spiritual journal - I write down what I hear from Jesus and how I experience His intimate relationship with me each day. I have launched a wide-spectrum research on daily devotion and have found out that there are less than 10% of Christians that are having daily devotion. Out of that 10%, many having daily devotion are doing so because of guilt (they know that they are Christians and need to have daily devotion and feel guilty if they don’t do that), duty (they need to fulfill their duty as a Christian) or study(lots of Christians primarily use their daily devotion as a time to study the Bible). I do pray and hope that you will make up your mind to have a relational daily devotion so that you can have an intimate time with Jesus. I pray that you will write your own spiritual journal as well.
- An online discipler – One of the reasons that so many Christians do not have daily devotion is because they do not have a discipler. A discipler can help them build up this basic element of discipleship when they first become Christians. The best way for you is to have a discipler to walk with you for a certain period of time so that daily devotion become a good habit. Or, you may have a small group of two to three people to encourage and be accountable to each other so that you won’t stop your daily devotion. I offer myself as your online discipler to walk with you daily to enrich your spiritual journey. So, shall we start this journey with Jesus Christ our Lord now!
- NEW link for the 7th 100 days 24 hours prayer campaign (April 13 to July 21, 2011)
- Our 6th phase of 100 days of prayers (January 3 to April 12, 2011)
- Our 5th phase of 100 days of prayers (September 25, 2010 to January 2, 2011).
- Our 4th phase of 100 days of prayers (June 17 to September 24, 2010).
- Our 3rd phase of 100 days of prayers (March 9 to June 16, 2010).
- Our 2nd phase of 100 days of prayers (November 29, 2009 to March 8, 2010).
- Our 1st phase of 100 days of prayers:
- Part 2: 60 days (September 29 to November 28, 2009)
- Part 1: 40 days (August 20 to September 28, 2009)
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.