Please click link to our 40 days Fasting and Prayer:
Praise the Lord that we completed our 500 days/24 hours Prayer Campaign! We have a new link for you to sign for the new stage. You really need to join us now to pray! The easiest way is to take one hour slot for the whole week. Please do it now!
Please sign up for the 6th stage - 600 days
**NEW link for the 6th 100 days 24 hours prayer campaign(January 3 to April 12, 2011)
Today's Reading: 1 Samuel 26
Please read 1 Samuel 26 and listen to what the Lord Jesus Christ would like to tell you before reading my Spiritual Journal below. If you would like to learn a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please read my “Count Down 5” from this blog. You may click this link directly for the method: Subject Shifting Devotion.pdf. (You may begin with a song to praise the Lord and complete you devotion by singing another praise song.)
Please click this link to worship with us - You Are My Hiding Place
Please click the links below to 1 Samuel 26:
- Chinese: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1 Samuel 26&version=CUV
- NIV: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1 Samuel 26&version=NIV
- ESV: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1 Samuel 26&version=ESV
- Message: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1 Samuel 26&version=MSG
1 Samuel 26: 10
See what a good example David showed in keeping his eyes on God and not on his killer Saul. He had a total trust in God that God would has His own way to deal with bad people.
Some of us have spent too much time living in fear, seeing those "lions" - our troubles, people who don't like us or even want to eliminate us, not enough money etc.. Don't worry, it's none of your business to deal with those people, especially if they are God's servants like Saul. God will deal with them. You just keep your eyes on Jesus!
A few hours after I wrote the above paragraphs, I had perhaps the most sorrowful experience I ever had in my life. Rev. Maurice took me to the Ntarama Genocide Memorial Site. A church with 5,000 people trying to hide but those murderers killed them all. I was not allowed to take picture inside the main sanctuary of the church but you still can see thousands of skulls and bones and a few coffins. Each coffins had bones of one whole family together. And one on the altar! You can see big holes on the wall that they punched in with huge hammers then threw grenades inside and then machinegunned with bullets and then with every weapon you can think of to kill. The small rooms with chairs was the Sunday school room; you can see the dark red part on the wall was the place they threw children on that part of the wall to kill them. You can see the remnants of the kitchen where they used clothes to burn as many bodies as they could!
When I came back to the hotel, I went in the shower and cried loudly! If you were there that day, would you be able to keep your eyes on God and not on those "lions"? Forgive them Lord, for they don't know!
Dear Lord Jesus,
Thank you for your presence! Help me to turn my eyes on you any time I live my life in this world. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.
Please click this link to worship with us - Turns Your Eyes on Jesus
Prayer items today:
Bishop: Rt. Rev. Silas Ng (Michelle)
Network Leader: Rev. Peter Klenner (Jenny)
Network Leadership Team: Rt. Rev. Silas Ng, Rev. Peter Klenner, Rev. Ed Hird (Janice), Rev. Simon Neill (Jo), Rev. Ken Bell (Sonya)
Bishop's Chaplain: Rev. Ed Hird (Janice)
Clergy Formation Advisor: Rev. Ken Bell (Sonya)
Administrator: Mrs. Zenia Cheng (Clarence)
Pray for one Rwanda or Anglican Mission bishop one day at a time:
The Most Rev. Onesphore Rwaje (New Primate of the Anglican Church of Rwanda installed today)Pray for one ACiC/AI church one day at a time:
Family for All Nation (FANS)
Pastor-in-charge: Pastor Marcus Ho
Welcome! The purpose of this blog is to encourage Christians to have daily devotion - a wonderful and intimate time with Jesus.
There are three reasons for you to use this blog as your daily devotion:
- A healthy spiritual diet - One chapter of the Bible daily. We really need at least one chapter of Bible daily so that we are well fed.
- A good example of Spiritual Journaling - What I have committed for 1,189 days(the Bible has 1,189 chapters) to write this daily post is not for teaching purposes but this is my daily spiritual journal - I write down what I hear from Jesus and how I experience His intimate relationship with me each day. I have launched a wide-spectrum research on daily devotion and have found out that there are less than 10% of Christians that are having daily devotion. Out of that 10%, many having daily devotion are doing so because of guilt (they know that they are Christians and need to have daily devotion and feel guilty if they don’t do that), duty (they need to fulfill their duty as a Christian) or study(lots of Christians primarily use their daily devotion as a time to study the Bible). I do pray and hope that you will make up your mind to have a relational daily devotion so that you can have an intimate time with Jesus. I pray that you will write your own spiritual journal as well.
- An online discipler – One of the reasons that so many Christians do not have daily devotion is because they do not have a discipler. A discipler can help them build up this basic element of discipleship when they first become Christians. The best way for you is to have a discipler to walk with you for a certain period of time so that daily devotion become a good habit. Or, you may have a small group of two to three people to encourage and be accountable to each other so that you won’t stop your daily devotion. I offer myself as your online discipler to walk with you daily to enrich your spiritual journey. So, shall we start this journey with Jesus Christ our Lord now!
- **NEW link for the 6th 100 days 24 hours prayer campaign (January 3 to April 12, 2011)
- Our 5th phase of 100 days of prayers (September 25, 2010 to January 2, 2011).
- Our 4th phase of 100 days of prayers (June 17 to September 24, 2010).
- Our 3rd phase of 100 days of prayers (March 9 to June 16, 2010).
- Our 2nd phase of 100 days of prayers (November 29, 2009 to March 8, 2010).
- Our 1st phase of 100 days of prayers:
- Part 2: 60 days (September 29 to November 28, 2009)
- Part 1: 40 days (August 20 to September 28, 2009)
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.