Please click link to our 40 days Fasting and Prayer:
Praise the Lord that we completed our 500 days/24 hours Prayer Campaign! We have a new link for you to sign for the new stage. You really need to join us now to pray! The easiest way is to take one hour slot for the whole week. Please do it now!
Please sign up for the 6th stage - 600 days
**NEW link for the 6th 100 days 24 hours prayer campaign(January 3 to April 12, 2011)
Today's Reading: 2 Samuel 2
Please read 2 Samuel 2 and listen to what the Lord Jesus Christ would like to tell you before reading my Spiritual Journal below. If you would like to learn a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please read my “Count Down 5” from this blog. You may click this link directly for the method: Subject Shifting Devotion.pdf. (You may begin with a song to praise the Lord and complete you devotion by singing another praise song.)
Please click this link to worship with us - Breathe
Please click the links below to 2 Samuel 2:
"To Hebron," the Lord answered. 2 Samuel 2: 1
It is so clear that David had a very intimate personal relationship with God as shown in this chapter. Also Jesus opened my eyes today showing me the fruit of having an intimate relationship with God as David did to show kindness to the men of Jabesh Gilead(2: 4-7) and the consequence of not having a personal relationship with God as the men of Saul and David killing each others( 2: 12- 28).
First, Jesus asked me to ask you one question:
When was the last time you asked Jesus like how David asked God?
It is somewhat like my son Ignatius asked the same two questions a few years ago, "After I graduate from UBC what do you want me to do? Another degree in English or education, or go to seminary?" He prayed for three years until the Lord answered him, "Go to prepare yourself to become an Anglican priest." Then he asked, "Where?" "Regent College."
Or it is like how I asked the Lord when I knew I was to become a bishop, "What do you want me to do Lord Jesus?" "Turn to Acts 6:4" Then I turned and read and He said, "I want you to do what each one of my apostle do, to teach my people to pray and listen to my Word." So I asked, "How?" Then what you can see in this blog are some of Jesus answer.
1. 24 hours prayer campaign - If you have not filled up your name please click the link right away and join us in prayer so that we are protected 24 hours a day and that through the power of prayers we can do what we as human beings cannot do. There are only a few Christians really believe in the power of prayers but I do hope you are one of a few who believe and act. First join this 24 hours prayer movement and then ask the Lord how He wants you to do in prayers.
2. This daily blog as a channel, window and help for hundred of Christians everyday to have daily devotion. Each day Jesus told me what I need to write in this blog. Each day I asked him which are the two songs He wanted me to post and I do as He says. So far as I know Christians from Rwanda, North America, England, Hong Kong and China are using this blog. Any more countries?
3. My new daily blog for Discipler 123: http://discipler123.blogspot.com
ACiC/AI is going to launch a Discipler 123 Campaign on March 1, 2011. I do believe that the reason for so many Christians do not have daily devotion is because they did not have a Discipler to help them to taste the sweetness and power of daily devotion. Because of this reason we call all brothers and sisters to join in this Campaign to become a Discipler for three months helping two friends to have really daily devotion(seven days a week). What you need to do is to pray and ask the Lord to show the faces of two friends. Then go and invite them to get together once a week to encourage each others to have daily devotion and have daily devotion together on that day. That is so simple.
I had been praying for months asking the Lord what should I do to create a momentum of this Campaign. The the Lord told me just about two weeks ago that I need to start a new block. Then on that day Jesus led me to write my DAY 1 and it was a wonderful experience because what He told me was a new page to open my eye on John 1. You can go to that blog and read DAY 1 then you know what happened. And I need your prayer to bless this new blog to open a new channel, a new page in many Christians lives that they can start to have daily devotion and that transformation and Christlikeness may come into their lives!
Dear Lord Jesus,
Help me to be able to connect with you everyday like what David did. And help me to be able to teach more people to have this daily intimate relationship with you. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.
Please click this link to worship with us - I Will Never Be The Same Again
Prayer items today:
Bishop: Rt. Rev. Silas Ng (Michelle)
Network Leader: Rev. Peter Klenner (Jenny)
Network Leadership Team: Rt. Rev. Silas Ng, Rev. Peter Klenner, Rev. Ed Hird (Janice), Rev. Simon Neill (Jo), Rev. Ken Bell (Sonya)
Bishop's Chaplain: Rev. Ed Hird (Janice)
Clergy Formation Advisor: Rev. Ken Bell (Sonya)
Administrator: Mrs. Zenia Cheng (Clarence)
Pray for one Rwanda or Anglican Mission bishop one day at a time:
The Rt. Rev. Thomas William (TJ) Johnston, Jr. (Rees)
Bradford Church Plant, Ontario
Pastor: Donna Purkis
Welcome! The purpose of this blog is to encourage Christians to have daily devotion - a wonderful and intimate time with Jesus.
There are three reasons for you to use this blog as your daily devotion:
- A healthy spiritual diet - One chapter of the Bible daily. We really need at least one chapter of Bible daily so that we are well fed.
- A good example of Spiritual Journaling - What I have committed for 1,189 days(the Bible has 1,189 chapters) to write this daily post is not for teaching purposes but this is my daily spiritual journal - I write down what I hear from Jesus and how I experience His intimate relationship with me each day. I have launched a wide-spectrum research on daily devotion and have found out that there are less than 10% of Christians that are having daily devotion. Out of that 10%, many having daily devotion are doing so because of guilt (they know that they are Christians and need to have daily devotion and feel guilty if they don’t do that), duty (they need to fulfill their duty as a Christian) or study(lots of Christians primarily use their daily devotion as a time to study the Bible). I do pray and hope that you will make up your mind to have a relational daily devotion so that you can have an intimate time with Jesus. I pray that you will write your own spiritual journal as well.
- An online discipler – One of the reasons that so many Christians do not have daily devotion is because they do not have a discipler. A discipler can help them build up this basic element of discipleship when they first become Christians. The best way for you is to have a discipler to walk with you for a certain period of time so that daily devotion become a good habit. Or, you may have a small group of two to three people to encourage and be accountable to each other so that you won’t stop your daily devotion. I offer myself as your online discipler to walk with you daily to enrich your spiritual journey. So, shall we start this journey with Jesus Christ our Lord now!
- **NEW link for the 6th 100 days 24 hours prayer campaign (January 3 to April 12, 2011)
- Our 5th phase of 100 days of prayers (September 25, 2010 to January 2, 2011).
- Our 4th phase of 100 days of prayers (June 17 to September 24, 2010).
- Our 3rd phase of 100 days of prayers (March 9 to June 16, 2010).
- Our 2nd phase of 100 days of prayers (November 29, 2009 to March 8, 2010).
- Our 1st phase of 100 days of prayers:
- Part 2: 60 days (September 29 to November 28, 2009)
- Part 1: 40 days (August 20 to September 28, 2009)