Please click link to our 40 days Fasting and Prayer:
Praise the Lord that we completed our 500 days/24 hours Prayer Campaign! We have a new link for you to sign for the new stage. You really need to join us now to pray! The easiest way is to take one hour slot for the whole week. Please do it now!
Please sign up for the 6th stage - 600 days
**NEW link for the 6th 100 days 24 hours prayer campaign(January 3 to April 12, 2011)
Today's Reading: 2 Samuel 6
Please read 2 Samuel 6 and listen to what the Lord Jesus Christ would like to tell you before reading my Spiritual Journal below. If you would like to learn a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please read my “Count Down 5” from this blog. You may click this link directly for the method: Subject Shifting Devotion.pdf. (You may begin with a song to praise the Lord and complete you devotion by singing another praise song.)
Please click this link to worship with us - Come, now is the time to worship
Please click the links below to 2 Samuel 6:
As the ark of the Lord was entering the City of David Michal daughter of Saul watched from a window. An when she saw King David leaping and dancing before the Lord, she despised him in her heart. 2 Samuel 6: 16
What I heard from the Lord is this: Fear of the Lord and joyful worship are the Key!
The two things we read and see here in this chapter is rarely seen in our churches in this day. There is no or very minimum "Fear of the Lord" mentality for Christians. We might never understand why God killed the priest Uzzah. But the result was they learned how to fear of the Lord.
On the other hand there is always not enough joy in worshiping the Lord. Those people showing too much joy may really be looked down just as Michal despised David. Can we be more joyful when we praise the Lord?
I hope and pray that we know the difference. We can dance, jump, leap to joyfully worship our Lord, yet we can still have a heart to fear the Lord. After all, so many people fear so many things but never fear the Lord. When we learn, practice and experience the fear of the Lord, we will not fear all those things that we should not fear. And because of this fear of the Lord, we will receive the outpouring of the fruit of the Holy Spirit: Love, joy, peace...
I was so moved to see how those choir members laugh, jump, leap, dance to show how joyful they are (as we should be) in the Installation of our new Primate Archbishop Onesphore Rwaje. Even Bishop Nathan came out from his seat beside me and jumped, lept, danced, sang and laughed. The most wonderful moment was they invited our new Archbishop Rwaje to join the large choir to sing and jump and dance with Bishop Louis too! You can see the pictures above but you cannot think of how glorious and joyful it really was until you were there! I was so encouraged, strengthened and empowered! Wow! I wish that we can have this kind of joyful and powerful service in our churches!
Dear Heavenly Father,
Help us to respect you, to fear you and to honor you. Holy Spirit, come and pour down your gift of joy! And that whenever we worship you, we may be able to praise you joyfully and enjoy your presence. Help me to support our leaders and teach our people to support our leaders. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.
Please click this link to worship with us - Let God Arise
Prayer items today:
Bishop: Rt. Rev. Silas Ng (Michelle)
Network Leader: Rev. Peter Klenner (Jenny)
Network Leadership Team: Rt. Rev. Silas Ng, Rev. Peter Klenner, Rev. Ed Hird (Janice), Rev. Simon Neill (Jo), Rev. Ken Bell (Sonya)
Bishop's Chaplain: Rev. Ed Hird (Janice)
Clergy Formation Advisor: Rev. Ken Bell (Sonya)
Administrator: Mrs. Zenia Cheng (Clarence)
Pray for one Rwanda and Anglican Mission bishop one day at a time:
The Most Rev. Dr. Onesphore Rwaje
The Rt. Rev. Thad Barnum (Erilynne)Pray for one ACiC/AI church one day at a time:
The Light of Christ Church, Nanaimo
Rector/Senior Pastor: Rev. Kathy King
Welcome! The purpose of this blog is to encourage Christians to have daily devotion - a wonderful and intimate time with Jesus.
There are three reasons for you to use this blog as your daily devotion:
- A healthy spiritual diet - One chapter of the Bible daily. We really need at least one chapter of Bible daily so that we are well fed.
- A good example of Spiritual Journaling - What I have committed for 1,189 days(the Bible has 1,189 chapters) to write this daily post is not for teaching purposes but this is my daily spiritual journal - I write down what I hear from Jesus and how I experience His intimate relationship with me each day. I have launched a wide-spectrum research on daily devotion and have found out that there are less than 10% of Christians that are having daily devotion. Out of that 10%, many having daily devotion are doing so because of guilt (they know that they are Christians and need to have daily devotion and feel guilty if they don’t do that), duty (they need to fulfill their duty as a Christian) or study(lots of Christians primarily use their daily devotion as a time to study the Bible). I do pray and hope that you will make up your mind to have a relational daily devotion so that you can have an intimate time with Jesus. I pray that you will write your own spiritual journal as well.
- An online discipler – One of the reasons that so many Christians do not have daily devotion is because they do not have a discipler. A discipler can help them build up this basic element of discipleship when they first become Christians. The best way for you is to have a discipler to walk with you for a certain period of time so that daily devotion become a good habit. Or, you may have a small group of two to three people to encourage and be accountable to each other so that you won’t stop your daily devotion. I offer myself as your online discipler to walk with you daily to enrich your spiritual journey. So, shall we start this journey with Jesus Christ our Lord now!
- **NEW link for the 6th 100 days 24 hours prayer campaign (January 3 to April 12, 2011)
- Our 5th phase of 100 days of prayers (September 25, 2010 to January 2, 2011).
- Our 4th phase of 100 days of prayers (June 17 to September 24, 2010).
- Our 3rd phase of 100 days of prayers (March 9 to June 16, 2010).
- Our 2nd phase of 100 days of prayers (November 29, 2009 to March 8, 2010).
- Our 1st phase of 100 days of prayers:
- Part 2: 60 days (September 29 to November 28, 2009)
- Part 1: 40 days (August 20 to September 28, 2009)