Please click link to see a sample of my second blog to create a momentum for the launching of Discipler 123 on the first Sunday of March, March 6, 2011:
What is Discipler 123?
Please sign up for the 6th stage - 600 days
**NEW link for the 6th 100 days 24 hours prayer campaign(January 3 to April 12, 2011)
Today's Reading: 2 Samuel 7
Please read 2 Samuel 7 and listen to what the Lord Jesus Christ would like to tell you before reading my Spiritual Journal below. If you would like to learn a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please read my “Count Down 5” from this blog. You may click this link directly for the method: Subject Shifting Devotion.pdf. (You may begin with a song to praise the Lord and complete you devotion by singing another praise song.)
Please click this link to worship with us - How Great Is Our God
Toronto Emmanuel Church - Rev. Edmund Ho
Eight years ago, a few Chinese Anglicans sharing the same experience as care-givers for their elderly parents and recognized the importance for the seniors to continue to live healthy, independent lives in the comfort and dignity of their own homes. Their vision was to adopt a holistic approach to meet the spiritual and physical wellness of the aging community. Their objective was to develop a Christian community for seniors. They acquired a parcel of land and formed a non-profit corporation. In their development plan, the 620,000 sq. ft. building project will be anchored by an 18,500 sq. ft. Anglican Church.
As a result of the 2007 Canadian CoGS (Council of General Synod) resolutions, these faithful members believed that the COGs had chosen to walk apart from the Anglican Communion and felt there was an urgent need to realign to the teachings of the Holy Scriptures. They left the Church they helped to start 35 years ago and the Anglican Church of Canada.
Yet God’s blessings never cease for those who honor Him. With the encouragement from Bishop Silas, a longtime friend and mentor from their homeland Hong Kong, they accepted God’s challenge to start a new church planting process immediately by using their office space for weekly Bible studies. In September 2009 Toronto Emmanuel Church was established to reach the unchurched in Toronto. Rev. Edmund Ho was ordained by Bishop Silas and became their first incumbent. Two months later, they started regular weekly worship in a rental facility.
God has also brought in all kinds of support and blessings from the greater Christian community. Phrase 1 of the senior building project, which consists of 170+ units, is now at the pre-sale stage with a target completion date of Spring 2014.
From a handful of members in 2008, Toronto Emmanuel now has more than 30 attending their Sunday services, and is actively seeking ways to share the Good News of our Lord through words and deeds to people of all ages.
Jericho Road - Rev. John Cox
To declare that Jericho Road is a miracle is a testimony to God’s grace and faithfulness, utterly and completely.
Fifteen years ago two hundred people left St. Alban’s Church in Port Alberni and the Anglican Church of Canada with great reluctance and began Alberni Christian fellowship in a local Gym. Within two years their pastor of 12 years (John Cox) left with a personal breakdown and over the next 8 years the church was led by Elders and two pastors from other traditions. During that period the church acquired a middle school and while the venue was welcome the leadership and health of the church was under severe strain.
Five years ago the Elders requested John Cox (who the Lord had brought back into ministry after years in the wilderness) to help them navigate their leadership crisis. The situation disintegrated resulting in a large number of the congregation leaving another building and forming Jericho Road under the leadership of John Cox. The hope was always for restoration and reconciliation but that was not to be. Eventually six months ago with a very small congregation left the remaining Elders requested to be reconciled with Jericho Road. They were embraced with open arms and the two churches were restored into one fellowship and the middle school facility (65,000 square feet) was returned to the community of Jericho Road.
Please click this link to worship with us - In His Time
Prayer items today:
Bishop: Rt. Rev. Silas Ng (Michelle)
Network Leader: Rev. Peter Klenner (Jenny)
Network Leadership Team: Rt. Rev. Silas Ng, Rev. Peter Klenner, Rev. Ed Hird (Janice), Rev. Simon Neill (Jo), Rev. Ken Bell (Sonya)
Bishop's Chaplain: Rev. Ed Hird (Janice)
Clergy Formation Advisor: Rev. Ken Bell (Sonya)
Administrator: Mrs. Zenia Cheng (Clarence)
Pray for one Rwanda and Anglican Mission bishop one day at a time:
The Most Rev. Yong Ping Chung (Julia)
The Rt. Rev. Augustin AhimanaPray for one ACiC/AI church one day at a time:
Jericho Road Church, Port Alberni
Rector/Senior Pastor: Rev. John Cox (Sheryl)
Assistant Pastor: Rev. Brad Frey (Julia)
Pastoral Assistant: Rev. Dave Dejong (Megan)
There are three reasons for you to use this blog as your daily devotion:
- A healthy spiritual diet - One chapter of the Bible daily. We really need at least one chapter of Bible daily so that we are well fed.
- A good example of Spiritual Journaling - What I have committed for 1,189 days(the Bible has 1,189 chapters) to write this daily post is not for teaching purposes but this is my daily spiritual journal - I write down what I hear from Jesus and how I experience His intimate relationship with me each day. I have launched a wide-spectrum research on daily devotion and have found out that there are less than 10% of Christians that are having daily devotion. Out of that 10%, many having daily devotion are doing so because of guilt (they know that they are Christians and need to have daily devotion and feel guilty if they don’t do that), duty (they need to fulfill their duty as a Christian) or study(lots of Christians primarily use their daily devotion as a time to study the Bible). I do pray and hope that you will make up your mind to have a relational daily devotion so that you can have an intimate time with Jesus. I pray that you will write your own spiritual journal as well.
- An online discipler – One of the reasons that so many Christians do not have daily devotion is because they do not have a discipler. A discipler can help them build up this basic element of discipleship when they first become Christians. The best way for you is to have a discipler to walk with you for a certain period of time so that daily devotion become a good habit. Or, you may have a small group of two to three people to encourage and be accountable to each other so that you won’t stop your daily devotion. I offer myself as your online discipler to walk with you daily to enrich your spiritual journey. So, shall we start this journey with Jesus Christ our Lord now!
- **NEW link for the 6th 100 days 24 hours prayer campaign (January 3 to April 12, 2011)
- Our 5th phase of 100 days of prayers (September 25, 2010 to January 2, 2011).
- Our 4th phase of 100 days of prayers (June 17 to September 24, 2010).
- Our 3rd phase of 100 days of prayers (March 9 to June 16, 2010).
- Our 2nd phase of 100 days of prayers (November 29, 2009 to March 8, 2010).
- Our 1st phase of 100 days of prayers:
- Part 2: 60 days (September 29 to November 28, 2009)
- Part 1: 40 days (August 20 to September 28, 2009)