Thanks for your help that most of the slots in the "7th 100 days 24 hours prayer campaign" have been filled up except 11. Hope they can be filled up soon.
Please click this link to my second blog -
You can also listen to my daily podcast in English and Cantonese through this new site.
Today's Reading: 2 Chronicles 31
Please read 2 Chronicles 31 and listen to what the Lord Jesus Christ would like to tell you before reading my Spiritual Journal below. If you would like to learn a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please read my “Count Down 5” from this blog. You may click this link directly for the method: Subject Shifting Devotion.pdf. (You may begin with a song to praise the Lord and complete you devotion by singing another praise song.)
Please click this link to worship with us - Here I Am to Worship (Tim Huges)
Please click the links below to 2 Chronicles 31:
- Chinese: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2 Chronicles 31&version=CUV
- NIV: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2 Chronicles 31&version=NIV
- ESV: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2 Chronicles 31&version=ESV
- Message: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2 Chronicles 31&version=MSG
Azariah the chief priest, from the family of Zadok, answered, "Since the people began to bring their contributions to the temple of the Lord, we have had enough to eat and plenty to spare, because the Lord has blessed his people, and this great amount is left over."
2 Chronicles 31: 10
What I received from Jesus today is: A total change of lifestyle!!!
When God's people worship God and experience the joy, power and blessing of worship their lifestyle will change. Below were the lifestyle changed of God's people in this chapter:
1. From worship all kinds of idols to solely worship God. (v. 1)
2. From not offering of little offering to pour out all kinds of offerings. (vv. 2 - 8)
3. From "deficit" to "surplus" and lots of "surplus" that priests and family could have enough to eat and plenty to spare.
What have you got from Jesus? Any inspiration? Any new action plan?
Think about how much you spend to serve your "idols": clothes, handbags, DVDs, shoes, Hi-Fi, sound system, TVs, cars, tours, eating, drinking ... Do you really need all those things? Are they all necessities? Will those things become you "idols"? We had a leader sharing how God changed her lifestyle last December that she promised God she was not going to buy any handbags for one year last Wednesday. It was such a powerful witness to help people to understand "idol" doesn't necessary means worship those idols of other religion but buying too many "handbags" can be an idol!
Does you church has a deficit? If so, how can you start to do the same thing as what those people did in this chapter so that you church can have a BIG 'surplus" this year. It all start with you! Don't wait for others because God is calling you and moving your heart. If you listen and obey then your listen and obey will create a momentum that more people will join in this new lifestyle from big spending to big offering!
Dear Lord Jesus,
Help us to change a new lifestyle from big spending to big offering . In Jesus Name we pray. Amen.
Please click this link to watch my sharing today at Holy Trinity Brompton in front of more than 100 Archbishops and bishops:
Photos taken today:
1. Morning prayer led by the Archbishop of Canterbury, the Most Rev. Dr. Rowan Williams in the Crypt Chapel of Lambeth Palace where the Archbishops of Canterbury and their households worshipped since the 13th century.
2. Behind the altar of the Crypt Chapel.
3. With Archbishop Rowan Williams
4.. With Bishop of Sabah, Rev. Albert Vun
5. Lunch with Bishop of London, the Right Honourable Rev. Richard Chartres who preached at Prince William's wedding last month.
6. Powerful service at HTB
My computer is having a major problem(apple store replaced the hard drive 2 weeks after I bought this laptop two years ago. And now similar situation happened again. Need to go to Apple store again when I come back!)! Please go to Ignatius facebook to see this trip's photos. And this link to watch Iggy's daily movie:
Please click this link to worship with us - Hosanna
Prayer items today:
Bishop: Rt. Rev. Silas Ng (Michelle)
Network Leader: Rev. Peter Klenner (Jenny)
Network Leadership Team: Rt. Rev. Silas Ng, Rev. Peter Klenner, Rev. Ed Hird (Janice), Rev. Simon Neill (Jo), Rev. Ken Bell (Sonya), Mr. Andy Li (Amy)
Bishop's Chaplain: Rev. Ed Hird (Janice)
Bishop's Assistant: Mrs. Michelle Ng (Silas)
Clergy Formation Advisor: Rev. Ken Bell (Sonya)
Treasurer: Mr. Andy Li(Amy)
Administrator: Mrs. Zenia Cheng (Clarence)
Pray for one Rwanda and Anglican Mission bishop one day at a time:
The Rt. Rev. Philip Hill Jones (Claudia)
The Rt. Rev. Louis Muvunyi (Winnie)