Please click this link to my second blog -
You can also listen to my daily podcast in English and Cantonese through this new site.
Today's Reading: 1 Chronicles 26
Please read 1 Chronicles 26 and listen to what the Lord Jesus Christ would like to tell you before reading my Spiritual Journal below. If you would like to learn a simple and good way of Daily Devotion method please read my “Count Down 5” from this blog. You may click this link directly for the method: Subject Shifting Devotion.pdf. (You may begin with a song to praise the Lord and complete you devotion by singing another praise song.)
Please click this link to worship with us - Heart of Worship
Please click the links below to 1 Chronicles 26:
- Chinese: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1 Chronicles 26&version=CUV
- NIV: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1 Chronicles 26&version=NIV
- ESV: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1 Chronicles 26&version=ESV
- Message: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1 Chronicles 26&version=MSG
1 Chronicles 26: 30
What I've got from Jesus is very important to you: Everyone should have an appointed position.
From 1 Chronicles 24 to 27 is all about how David as a God anointed and God-led leader appointed almost everyone to have an appointed position. We have thousands of people taking up appointed posts as priests, temple ministers(the Levites), singers, gatekeepers, treasurers, other officials, army, officers of the tribes and the kings overseers.
But, as for Christians nowadays is not the picture. Some churches have only one person doing things and that is the pastor. Some have the pastor(s) and 1% of people doing things other 99% just come to church and enjoy the service. Some have the pastor(s) and 10%, 90% doing nothing. The best situation as in general statistic is 20% offering 80% of the total offerings and also 20% of people having a position or positions and other 80% have none.
So, brothers and sisters, do you know what kind of designated position or positions God appointed you to do? Can you see that? Accept that appointment?
How can you help to turn your church around from only 10% of people serving to 80% of people serving? Do you know this is not only your pastors job but also your job too?
Dear Lord Jesus,
Help us to mobilize everyone into your appointed position(s). In Jesus name we pray . Amen.
Praise the Lord that we had two men received Jesus the first time yesterday in our new ministry to the restaurant workers. Since I became a bishop in September 2009 I have launched or help to initiate quite a number of Bishop's Pioneer Ministry:
1. A yearly National Conference - this year will be from September 15(Thu)7 p.m. to September 17(Sat) 9p.m.
2. A yearly leaders conference - this year will be from May 25 2p.m. to May 27 noon led by Dr. Terry Walling at Richmond Emmanuel Church.
3. A monthly coaching for young clergy, youth pastors and seminarians. We are having six people now, one from Vancouver Emmanuel, one from St. Simon, one from Mountain Valley Mission, Squamish and three from Richmond Emmanuel.
4. Helping ACiC/AI clergy and leaders to courses and conferences.
5. A online ministry of two blogs(Devotion on Fire and Discipler123) and two podcasts(in Cantonese and English)daily. We have now around hundreds of people from 41 countries including you to use these two blogs and two podcast to enjoy a daily intimate personal relationship with Jesus.
6. A ministry targeted to restaurant workers
Every Wednesday 3:30p.m. to 5p.m. at Empire Chinese Seafood Restaurant. We just started this new vision(hopefully as a new church plant)three weeks ago with a 15 weeks Alpha. Yesterday was the 3rd session "Why Jesus die?" and we had two restaurant workers received Jesus as their Savior and Lord of life! You can see the two of them.
I hope and pray that I can baptize them in this restaurant with others after this 15 weeks of Alpha and turn this ministry into a new paradigm church service. Those people cannot go to church on Sunday but we will invite their family to go to Richmond Emmanuel Church for worship, small groups and Sunday school and those restaurant workers or those who are working on Sundays go to this new church plant.
I tried this ministry for the restaurant workers in 2005 on Thursday 3:30p.m. to 5p.m. having a complete Alpha course for 15 weeks. But, I made a major mistake by closing down that time slot and asking them to go to Richmond Emmanuel Church from then on. All restaurant workers could not make it but only one who was not a restaurant and he becomes a gifted and anointed leader now in REC and his wife in now helping this new ministry to lead one of the two groups.
Thanks to Mr. Tony Wong, the owner of this restaurant, who make this new vision happened. He brought his whole family of seven people to join our Alpha at REC two years ago. All seven were baptized after that and now members of our church. One of the two new Christians who received Jesus yesterday is his brother.
Please click this link to worship with us - You Raise Me Up
Prayer items today:
Bishop: Rt. Rev. Silas Ng (Michelle)
Network Leader: Rev. Peter Klenner (Jenny)
Network Leadership Team: Rt. Rev. Silas Ng, Rev. Peter Klenner, Rev. Ed Hird (Janice), Rev. Simon Neill (Jo), Rev. Ken Bell (Sonya), Mr. Andy Li (Amy)
Bishop's Chaplain: Rev. Ed Hird (Janice)
Bishop's Assistant: Mrs. Michelle Ng (Silas)
Clergy Formation Advisor: Rev. Ken Bell (Sonya)
Treasurer: Mr. Andy Li(Amy)
Administrator: Mrs. Zenia Cheng (Clarence)
Pray for one Rwanda and Anglican Mission bishop one day at a time:
The Most Rev. Dr. Onesphore Rwaje (Josephine)
The Rt. Rev. Thad Barnum (Erilynne)